FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicker STOP-START recording

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Dirickson
Quicker STOP-START recording
on Jan 19, 2015 at 11:43:17 pm

I video HS basketball and like to break recorded files into offensive and defensive clips. I have been pressing the RECORD button to stop and start recording as play changes. Can be very tough in fast action rebound/turnover transitions.

Is there a remote/wired control available that with ONE PRESS stop and restart recording?

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: Quicker STOP-START recording
on Jan 20, 2015 at 12:13:30 am

There are plenty of wired remotes. However, the camera has something like a 1 second delay while it finishes up closing the previous file, adding the metadata, and opening the new file.

I have come up with a solution that you may want to adapt.

I wanted to mark highlights in the footage as it happened so that I could find it in editing and not have to watch the full gains again.

Version 1.
I put a small microphone plugged into the second xlr record input witch the sensitivity set to not very sensitive. Then I put the microphone close to my mouth and would say oooh into it for a highlight. This recorded on the second channel of the audio. In post, I could quickly find the tones and place my cuts.

Version 2.
Then I had a small tone device with a button placed near the microphone. When a highlight occurred, I pressed the tone device which recorded a tone on the second channel of the video instead of people near me thinking I was going goofy.

Version 3. I bought a different tone device and electrically connected it into my microphone jack. ( I am an electrical engineer ) This eliminated any background sounds and was easier to find on the timeline.

One of these might work for your application.

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]