FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is the Sony HXR-NX3 worth purchasing - what is the alternative?

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Norman
Is the Sony HXR-NX3 worth purchasing - what is the alternative?
on Jan 1, 2015 at 10:20:14 am

I am thinking of buying a second NX3 but I got very fed up with the way it splits blocks of recordings into so many sequences and also having a small drop out of sound when joining them together again.

I also had problems with CS6 and used Brorsoft to convert the MXF files but still not happy that I really got such a great video output at 50p !

So I am interested to find out if many others have had these issues with the HXR-NX3 and their ways around it and would you buy again or would you move on and if so - to what.

Many thanks in advance.

Alan Norman

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: Is the Sony HXR-NX3 worth purchasing - what is the alternative?
on Jan 1, 2015 at 4:51:51 pm

If you use the software that comes with the camera to bring the files from the memory to the computer it will join the small files together and also eliminate the small drop of a couple of frames of audio.

The software that comes with the camera works on pcs.

If you want the version that works on Macs, then go to:

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/contentbrowser

The program costs about $20 and works better than the one included with the camera and runs on macs or pcs.

john

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Is the Sony HXR-NX3 worth purchasing - what is the alternative?
on Feb 10, 2015 at 7:53:25 pm

Sorry that I did not see this thread when it first came out! All AVCHD cameras break up long recordings into smaller segments because of file size limitation of FAT file system used to format SD cards. This is normal procedure.

If you're having "gaps" between the clips when importing to CS6, you're not using the correct workflow.

Create a new folder on your computer hard drive, then copy ENTIRE contents of the SD card straight over to that folder. All folders intact, do not modify or exclude anything, it is all needed.

Next, in Premiere, import using the "Media Browser" and not the standard "File > Import" dialog. With Media Browser, it recognizes when several "spanned" clips are part of one long recording and it actually import the spanned clips as a SINGLE long clip in Premiere with no gaps/glitches.

Try it

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]