FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCam MXF file can't be transferred

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mohamad Banna
XDCam MXF file can't be transferred
on Dec 14, 2014 at 9:21:18 pm

Hello,

I shot almost 45 minutes of an episode and copied the SXS card into the hard drive but when trying to import it on XDCam transfer it says no clips in file, while trying to import through the log and transfer button on FCP 7 it says:
contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.
The XDCam folder from this cam is different than the others since it show me at the top 2 .SLV files and in the clips folder its showing me 5 files: .MXF, .RSV, .SLI, .KLV, .BIM
can someone please guide me to a way that can read this file.

Thank you guys.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: XDCam MXF file can't be transferred
on Dec 15, 2014 at 3:55:36 pm

When you see 'SLV' files these indicate that a 'Salvage' needs to be performed. There may have been a power or media issue during recording. If you have the camera handy, put the card into the camera and see if the camera performs an automatic salvage. If not, contact us and we will have a look at the card. Also you don;t use Log and Transfer for .mxf. Please try using Content Browser to rewrap to .mov or Browse/Prepare to transcode to ProRes.

Return to posts index

Mohamad Banna
on Dec 15, 2014 at 6:47:35 pm

I did put the card into the camera again and things worked fine. Appreciating your help a lot.

Return to posts index

Jurgen Rexhepi
on Jun 18, 2016 at 7:07:47 pm

Hello please if u can help me i have the same problem but i can't fix that with camera.. Please if u know any other method to tell me to open the file i will be very grateful

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]