FORUMS: list search recent posts

SONY NEX-FS700 Picture Profile's?

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian DiSalvo
SONY NEX-FS700 Picture Profile's?
on Oct 15, 2014 at 2:34:10 pm

Hello all,

I am shooting a white back round interview on the FS700 and I am looking for suggestions with the picture profiles. In the past I have loaded Able Cine's looks and I wasnt impressed. I find the blacks, even in a studio set up, have a-lot of noise. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ian

Return to posts index

Eric Sternberger
Re: SONY NEX-FS700 Picture Profile's?
on Oct 18, 2014 at 9:45:48 am

Have you tried log?
Do you use AVCHD or an external Recorder?
Did you check your ISO or Gain Settings?
What kind of glass are you using?

There is plenty of stuff that could hit your blacks….

Return to posts index

Ian DiSalvo
on Oct 20, 2014 at 1:13:44 pm

I am not sure I am aware of log?

We are recording AVCHD, iso settings are fine, and I am using Canon L series glass.

I have actually found best results with Sony's pre designed Still setting and lowered the gamma on blacks. Seems to be a much prettier image.

I was hoping to find some other picture styles people are happy with?

Return to posts index

Eric Sternberger
on Oct 22, 2014 at 7:59:45 am

by recording log you could have more control over your image in post and boost your results with a little tweaking in resolve…
but I would´t do that with avchd. I guess also avchd is giving you a lot of noise in the blacks in the first place. rent a samurai an try for yourself. or have a look at Phlipp Blooms Blog.
he compared different methods of recording from a fs700 in depth...

Return to posts index

Dean Longfield
on Dec 30, 2014 at 9:39:06 pm

I've been using PP2 when also shooting with DSLRs on the same shoot, which is what most of my current work calls for. PP2 is Sony's Still Camera Nuetral "look." The I shoot Nuetral on the Canon DSLR's and match in post. I record internally - AVCHD - and get decent results with blacks. I did upgrade to the Version 3, which essentially makes the camera an FS700R, but have not yet used either S-Log 1 or 2.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]