FORUMS: list search recent posts

weird lines on footage shot with our Sony NXCAM (5U)

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beth Sowell
weird lines on footage shot with our Sony NXCAM (5U)
on Sep 23, 2014 at 7:32:23 pm

Has anyone seen anything like this before? We shot this just this Friday with our Sony 5U NXCAM. The colored sections show about every other frame, so they sort of flicker in and out. Ignore the blurring, I did that to hide faces (not a camera problem).

Any advice on what this might be or how to fix it would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Beth Sowell
Editor/Co-Owner
e11studios.com

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: weird lines on footage shot with our Sony NXCAM (5U)
on Sep 24, 2014 at 4:32:03 pm

Do they happen all the time, even with different media?

Return to posts index

Beth Sowell
on Sep 24, 2014 at 4:36:06 pm

yeah this is the second shoot we've done where you can see this on the footage. it's on every other frame. one frame is fine and the next has the problem and so on.

Beth Sowell
Editor/Co-Owner
e11studios.com

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Sep 24, 2014 at 5:13:57 pm

ok, if it isn't following the media it's likely a processing issue with the camera itself. i'd call it into support... 866 766 9272

Return to posts index

Beth Sowell
on Sep 24, 2014 at 5:23:50 pm

sadly, we did. looks like an $800 fix. "Intermittent VC-582 PCB repair" UGH! trying to download a service manual as we speak and try to fix it ourselves. thanks for your help though.

Beth Sowell
Editor/Co-Owner
e11studios.com

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Sep 24, 2014 at 5:40:50 pm

you won't be able to do that, i'm afraid.. we don't release SMs (though we do sell them). even if you found one you'd have to disassemble the camera, which is not an easy thing to do. after the board replacement you will likely need to send new programming data to the camera which requires proprietary software. sorry; i'm just trying to spare you added headaches.

Return to posts index

Beth Sowell
on Oct 14, 2014 at 5:46:32 pm

we bought one online.

Beth Sowell
Editor/Co-Owner
e11studios.com

Return to posts index

Sherman Bahr
on Jan 14, 2015 at 6:37:27 am

How did you make out with this? Ian is right about when you replace the main board that the camcorder will need to be electronically realigned. The NX5 camcorders are really nice cameras hope you were able to get it sorted out.

Sony And Canon Prosumer Mini DV Camcorder Repair Free Estimates. http://www.VideoOneRepair.com 888-283-2228

Return to posts index

Beth Sowell
on Jan 14, 2015 at 1:16:30 pm

Actually Sherman, we sent it to you guys instead. Saw some of your posts on here. You guys just bought it from us. I'm with Episode 11 Studios.

Return to posts index

Sherman Bahr
on Jan 14, 2015 at 5:57:38 pm

Hello Beth, I thought your name looked familiar. If there is anything I could do for you or if you have any questions or need any recommendations on any new gear don't hesitate to call me.

Sony And Canon Prosumer Mini DV Camcorder Repair Free Estimates. http://www.VideoOneRepair.com 888-283-2228

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]