FORUMS: list search recent posts

looking for a PTZ camera recommendation

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul VanDyke
looking for a PTZ camera recommendation
on Jul 5, 2014 at 4:51:08 pm

I have 3 Sony NXCAM NEX-EA50UH camera's that I'll be using in a church for live image magnification. I would like to add a PTZ camera for wide shot's. I don't need it to look as good as the Sony NXCAMs, but I would like it to look close enough that everyone in the room isn't wondering what the heck happened when we switch to it. I've considered just getting another Sony NXCAM NEX-EA50UH, but it will be mounted in a location that will be hard to get to. For this reason, I need all the controls (even power on/off), to be remote. This has led me to the thought...PTZ. I need this camera to be capable of 1080p 30 output over HDMI or HD-SDI. Anyone have a recommendation?

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: looking for a PTZ camera recommendation
on Jul 5, 2014 at 5:55:24 pm

I have been looking for the same thing. I don't have any answer for me, but I will share some of my thoughts. I have sony nx5u cameras.

What I created last year and have been using is an nx5u mounted on a pan tilt mechanism. The pan tilt mechanism is mounted on a dj speaker type tripod.

Then I have a cable consisting of cat 6 for control and RG59 coax for the sdi. I multiplexed the Lanc connection through some of the unused cat 6 wires.

I created a control board and mounted it on an unused tripod which I put in the back of the church. I route the 100 foot wire on the floor.

I mounted an Ikan sdi monitor on it. I mounted lanc controller on it. I mounted controls for the Pan tilt head on it.

So, I sit in the back and can do a pan tilt, zoom, auto focus, manual focus etc.

It works quite nicely. However, I was looking for making more of them, or smaller, so that it is not so obvious.

What I discovered is that sony just came out with a new model line of ptz cameras, SRG 300
Here’s a link to the product brochure: http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/assetDownloadController/SRG%20Brochure_final.pdf?p...

You can control it using the sony controller device. Or, there is a company that has made tablet pc software to control it.

You can use a atomos ninja to monitor and record if you want.

At this point, the ptz plus external recorder is the same price as another nx5u, so I started thinking it is not worth changing.

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Paul VanDyke
Re: looking for a PTZ camera recommendation
on Jul 7, 2014 at 3:09:27 pm

Thanks John, I like the looks of the PTZ cam you suggested.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]