FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 footage files

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Longfield
Final Cut Pro 7 footage files
on Jun 20, 2014 at 5:21:59 pm

I have a Sony FS700 and FCP 7.03. I've been importing footage into FCP 7 with Log & Transfer which converts the files to Apple Pro Res. Thing is the files are HUGE !!! Is there another way for me to deliver raw footage to a client where the files are not so huge? Some clients are studios whose editors can convert the footage on their own. I need to deliver on hard drive. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Eric Pensenstadler
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 footage files
on Jun 21, 2014 at 2:09:36 am

Dean, if the studios can convert the footage themselves then just send the files that are on the memory cards. Have you tried this? Connect your camera to the computer but don't open FCP. The computer should read your camera (or card reader) like any other external device. Click and drag the folders from the memory card to a folder on your computer or other external drive. Hope it helps.
Eric

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 footage files
on Jun 23, 2014 at 1:54:31 pm

The files are huge because they are are getting converted from a 20 Mbps codec to a 200 Mbps codec. They will grow by a factor of 10. You can recompress to XDCAM 50 or a slightly more lightweight codec using the media manager or Compressor..

FCP X gives you the option of a re-wrap only, without the transcode to ProRes. Using this option the files remain at their original data rate and file size.

Another option for 7 would be to use the ClipWrap application to rewrap the .mts files for FCP 7.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]