FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony HXR-NX3 behaving not normal

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bernhard Walzl
Sony HXR-NX3 behaving not normal
on Jun 18, 2014 at 1:35:48 am

Hello world,

I bought a brand new Sony HXR-NX3 and recorded a few interviews with it without a problem. But just then, I came across the following:

After a few seconds the sound keeps looping! I have never seen such a behaviour before. At the beginning of the clip the sound is normal, then after a few seconds it starts looping (so the sound is looping like this like this like this like this, etc...) after about 5 minutes, just before the end of the clip, the sound jumps back to normal and is synchron with the interviewee.

here a screenshot from premiere:

What is going on here? why is my camera recording this?
My camera is on "Version 1.02".

Cheers,
Bernhard

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: Sony HXR-NX3 behaving not normal
on Jun 18, 2014 at 1:38:47 am

If it does the same thing when you play the clip in the camera, then send it to sony for warranty repair.

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Bernhard Walzl
on Jun 18, 2014 at 1:39:40 am

can't check, I have formatted the card already.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jun 19, 2014 at 5:34:44 pm

Hi Bernhard,

How did you import the clips into Premiere? If you simply used "File > Import" that can sometimes cause strange issues. For best results all around, copy entire contents of SD card to hard drive, then use Media Browser to import within Premiere. This fixes many issues, including spanned clips

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Bernhard Walzl
on Jul 3, 2014 at 8:19:20 pm

Hi!

I've found another example. This time, I can play the file fine in VLC (and on the camera).

Whereas when I want to play the file in the Adobe Premiere media browser, the sound is doing literally whatever. it is skipping after a few seconds a bit forward and from half the clip onwards there is no sound.

What is going on here?

bernhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]