FORUMS: list search recent posts

NX70 not properly recognized on Windows

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Giulio Gobbetti
NX70 not properly recognized on Windows
on May 25, 2014 at 12:42:59 pm

Hi all!

I have a problem with my Sony NX70E. For quite a while I had the habit of recording on both the SD card and the internal mass storage and that worked like a charm - I had a backup of all the files on two memories and that was great. Lately, however, apparently I cannot access what is stored on the internal memory anymore.

Whenever I connect the camera to my pc it kinda recognize it (it sees there is a new hardware connected if I go on My PC but it fails to open it if I try - I can't see it in Manage Devices though). When I open the Content Management Utility I see the NX70E cam recognized, but it is grayed out so I cannot import the files from there.

Now, I thought it may have been an issue with Windows 8/Windows 8.1 (I don't remember if the issue came out with the upgrade), so I tried it on my old PC (Windows Vista): connected the camera, installed the drivers, installed Content Management Utility. However I got exactly the same problem there - camera grayed out in the CMU software and not properly recognized by the PC either.

It is probably worth saying that the camera understands to be connected to a USB power source and it gives me the usual screen ("Mass Storage Connected - USB; do not unplug etc.")

Have you got any suggestions?
Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: NX70 not properly recognized on Windows
on May 25, 2014 at 2:17:16 pm

Assuming that you have a backup of the information on the internal memory, try reformatting it.

If that doesn't work, I would call Sony tech support.

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Giulio Gobbetti
Re: NX70 not properly recognized on Windows
on May 25, 2014 at 2:31:08 pm

Thanks for the reply.

The thing is that I have a couple of minutes of one clip that have not been saved on the SD (the card was finished and I did not want to cut in the middle of an important action just to change the SD). I thought it was OK to have it just on the internal memory - I was wrong apparently. Now, I would like to recover that somehow. If I can find any solution that does not involve formatting I would be glad.

I mean, it's not a matter of life and death, still I would like to have it.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]