FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio tweaking out on certain clips imported from SD cards

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Briggs
Audio tweaking out on certain clips imported from SD cards
on May 13, 2014 at 8:38:43 pm

I have a Sony FS-100 and am recording to SD cards. I have hours upon hours of verite footage that I've been reviewing, and am finding that far too frequently, the audio will become corrupted midway through a clip, like it's a cd skipping. The video will keep playing just fine, but the audio is totally unusable. I know it wasn't in the original recording. It appears to be some sort of glitch on import.
In the beginning of this project I was transcoding all of my footage to ProRes 422 files and I noticed that sometimes the audio in it's native .MTS format would tweak out but the ProRes version of that same clip was fine. So then I tried converting those files that hadn't previously been converted to ProRes and had corrupted audio files- but no luck. Has anyone else had this problem and/or know of fix? The cards have long ago been wiped so it's not an option to reimport. I'm losing alot of my footage because of this.
BTW, I'm using SanDisk Extreme 45 MB/s SD cards
Thanks for any ideas or suggestions!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Audio tweaking out on certain clips imported from SD cards
on May 15, 2014 at 5:53:26 pm

Hi Evan,

When you copied the media over from memory cards to the computer hard drive, did you copy everything from the card, or just video clips? Best practice is to copy it ALL, then in Premiere, use the Media Browser for the import. This cures a multitude of issues, as there is metadata in some of the folders and Media Browser correctly interprets all of that, unlike "File > Import".

Hope this helps

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]