FORUMS: list search recent posts

EA50UH vs FS100

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Cox
EA50UH vs FS100
on Apr 7, 2014 at 4:27:07 pm

Hello everybody! I'm in a situation and I could use your collective minds to help me land somewhere safe.

My workplace has allowed my $5,500 to spend on a "Camera/Kit"; kit meaning lenses, cases, memory etc. I currently am shooting on an NX5U and am looking to buy something that is both an upgrade but also still a member of the NEX family and I have landed at the EA50UH and the FS100.

The FS100 seems to be the clear winner for better camera but that will eat up just about all of my budget where as the EA50UH is nearly $1,000 cheaper AND currently has a $600 mail-in rebate at B&H, meaning I can buy nicer lenses and maybe start to look into a lens adapter and getting MUCH nicer lenses.

I guess my question really is, with a decent bunch of lenses will the EA50UH do the trick for me or will I forever regret not going for the nicer camera/lesser lens options?

To clarify I shoot mostly events and concerts. Most concerts are filmed in a horrifically dark setting meaning being able to afford a nice fast lens would be optimal.

Thanks so much for reading! Any advice?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]