FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remote zoom for Sony NX30u

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Maddoux
Remote zoom for Sony NX30u
on Feb 17, 2014 at 6:35:41 pm

Greetings all!

Was looking for recommendations on a third party zoom control for the NX30u.
A/V R connector.

Thanks everyone!

Tim

Return to posts index

mark villa
Re: Remote zoom for Sony NX30u
on Feb 18, 2014 at 7:45:17 pm
Last Edited By mark villa on Feb 18, 2014 at 8:53:21 pm

I don't know which one is the best but I can tell what Ive been using and few tips : the manfrotto 521 EX (for the EX1 but there is a version for lanc as well) gives a good balance between price and features : you can select the (constant) speed from the controller and the rocker is very well made, smooth zooms with that one. The libec Z3DV is also well made but I see some "playing"" when it starts zooming (only variable speed with the Z3DV) , now the best is the Vivitar (20bucks or something) : gives a great zoom , focus etc. plus a little knob that can select 16 different constant speeds and even variable. The problem with the Vivitar is the "clicks" of the rocker. They are loud and your microphone can pick up the sound when you zoom . To fix that you open the controller (there are few screws, very easy) and put a piece of paper on the switches of the rocker, then a gaffer tape to make it silent. After that it is the best controller that I have, hands down. ( The Vivitar comes with a 2.5mm to Sony AV/R patch cable, while for the other two you need the same path cable -that will cost as much as the vivitar...by the way)

Return to posts index

Tim Maddoux
Re: Remote zoom for Sony NX30u
on Feb 19, 2014 at 8:54:31 pm

Thank you so much Mark for the info!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]