FORUMS: list search recent posts

NX70 Menu shows on video output

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Wright
NX70 Menu shows on video output
on Dec 7, 2013 at 7:30:40 am

I've set the display to LCD only, so all of the on-screen display information doesn't show on any video output. HOWEVER, if I hit "Menu" to change any setting, then the entire menu screen shows on the output... HDMI or composite. This is CRAZY... I can't even change gain without activating the menu, so it renders the camera useless for any live switch, external recording, iMag, etc.

This CAN'T be right... I must be missing something (especially since I haven't found anyone else screaming about this).

Please... any NX70 owners out there, tell me the secret! I have a 4 camera live switch in 4 days and I'm dreading one of my ops needing to change their camera in any way.

Thanks!

-Andrew

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: NX70 Menu shows on video output
on Dec 9, 2013 at 3:42:03 pm

It doesn't sound desirable, however, I have an NX5, so I cannot answer with experience. But it seems like your shoot is in a couple days so I will try.

You may try to turn off the data display on the camera. On the nx5 this turns off all the display items. It may temporarily turn off the menu going to the output device. Then make the change and turn the data display back on.

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Wright
Re: NX70 Menu shows on video output
on Dec 14, 2013 at 5:44:48 am

Thanks John. I have an NX5 as well but it doesn't have the same issue. The NX70 will all me to turn off the "display" items so it doesn't show on on the composite or HDMI output, but when "menu" items still show... it's really weird.

The shoot has come and gone, but obviously this is going to come up a lot more. We ended up setting our shots and then not changing gain, shutter, or anything else in the menu system.

I'd love to talk to a Sony rep if there's one reading these threads.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]