FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timecode burn in ???

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derrick Ashfield
Timecode burn in ???
on Sep 20, 2013 at 7:46:12 pm

Hi all,

I am using the NX5u and I would need to record with the timecode burnt in.. is this possible? I'm a film teacher and I have an editing exercise that i need to do with my students. Basically, I just want to burn DVD's with rushes, timecode included... I am using FCP 7.06, maybe I could do something with it instead ?

I really would appreciate your help because time is flying by and I need this really soon...

Thank you all...

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: Timecode burn in ???
on Sep 20, 2013 at 8:18:12 pm

Yes,
In the menu that looks like drawers is others. There is something called date recording.
Just turn in on and it will visibly record date and time.

Date and time are always recorded in metadata which can be viewed with the editor or ingest software.

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Derrick Ashfield
on Sep 21, 2013 at 5:18:12 pm

Thanks for the quick response. But does the date and time function also burn in the timecode? Cause I don't really care for the date or time...the timecode is the crucial thing
Thanks

Return to posts index

john lenihan
on Sep 21, 2013 at 7:09:12 pm

You will have to try it.

It should only take a couple minutes to find out.

I often burn in the timecode during my editing when I am creating a dvd for a client to review and give me feedback.

Why do you want the timecode burned in during the recording process? I cannot understand how this helps you or them?

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Derrick Ashfield
on Sep 21, 2013 at 8:24:24 pm

It'simple. As a first exercise, the students must make an editing list on paper with existing rushes. Therefore, I want to hand them a dvd with rushes on it, with timecodes burnt in so they can choose the shots they want and then make the list.
I will check out the setting and see if it works... Thanks again

Return to posts index

Derrick Ashfield
on Sep 21, 2013 at 8:49:25 pm

BTW, I just tried it and the date and time are there...but no timecodes :-(
I gotta find a solution, must give this exercise next thursday; so I have to shoot and make about 50 dvd's to hand out to each student by then...

Any other ideas? The only option I see is really time consuming: shoot, transfer and then film the monitor (where i can see the darn codes) then transfer again and burn copies !! *sigh*

There has to be a simpler way...

Derrick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]