FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relay Recording with NXCAM

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Attila Kovarcsik
Relay Recording with NXCAM
on Jul 25, 2013 at 9:36:51 pm

Hi guys,

I have filmed a long event with my 2x32GB Memory stick with my Sony NX5U in Relay Recording Mode (once the first card is full it goes to the second one). In the manual it says that I can recombine those card easily with the provided Content Management utility software. (It is Windows only, but luckily I have Parallels Desktop on my Mac). But there is no further explanation how. I could not find anything on the internet either.

I have no problem joining spanned clips properly as my Premiere does it very well. But now I have 2 cards with spanned clips.

I tried everything. I even plugged my camcorder into the CMU software but it can see only 1 card at a time.

I guess, the best would be to copy the 2 card over into 2 separate librart to my external HD then to import it into CMU in a way when it joins them.

Any idea? Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: Relay Recording with NXCAM
on Jul 27, 2013 at 12:52:05 am

Attila,

I am not able to answer your question based on experience. I have a 128 gig memory device and have not had the relay issue before.

Howevever, I do use a PC, and know how the CMU should work. Based on that, I would expect after it finished with your first card, it would ask you for the second card.

Can you elaborate your comment, I have tried everything.
?

JOhn

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Attila Kovarcsik
Re: lay Recording with NXCAM
on Jul 27, 2013 at 1:01:43 am

Thanks a lot. For now I had to shoot in FH intead of HX. but still would be ood to know what the right way is.
I googled and learbed tht first I neeed to register the folder where I would like to import the files. But after when I click on the Import buton it gives me some error message. I tried hundred times already. Maybe the install of the CMU software was not good. Or it is just the virtual PC on my mac. I will try it later again. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]