FORUMS: list search recent posts

NXCam transfer problems

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Diamond
NXCam transfer problems
on Jun 23, 2010 at 12:14:59 am

I'm trying to transfer a 2 hour 4 minute clip through FCP log and transfer. I have the transcode set to Pro Res 422 LT. At first I tried a USB transfer from the 128GB Flash drive. If I let it go all the way through (assuming it would have), it would have taken about 10 hours. I stopped it and then tried moving my USB input from a powered hub to the computer directly. No difference. Now I transferred the data from the SD card backup to the Mac Pro and am using that for the Log and Transfer. No difference in time, but I'm going to let it go all night and see what happens.

Anybody have a suggestion?

Rick

Return to posts index

Bill Carnicelli
Re: NXCam transfer problems
on Jun 23, 2010 at 8:11:49 pm

Did you record your audio at the default setting of PCM? If you did, that could be your problem. FCP does not handle PCM audio well. Change your audio setting on the camera to Dolby and you should see an improvement with Log & Transfer.

Return to posts index

Rick Diamond
Re: NXCam transfer problems
on Jun 23, 2010 at 9:31:47 pm

Thanks Bill. I'll try that on a shoot tomorrow. In the mean time I'm using Log and Capture to bring the footage in using HD-SDI.

Rick

Return to posts index

Rick Diamond
Re: NXCam transfer problems results
on Jun 24, 2010 at 5:26:03 pm

I just shot and hour of footage with Dolby instead of PCM and the footage is transferring fine.

Thanks again Bill!

Rick

Return to posts index

Bill Carnicelli
Re: NXCam transfer problems results
on Jun 25, 2010 at 6:47:48 pm

Glad to hear that Rick. I really like my NX5U. I hope Apple gets the Log & transfer updated soon to work with these files better. It sucks not having the timecode carry over to the transferred file. Plus I would like to have more options for the audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]