FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony HRX NX5

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Byrne
Sony HRX NX5
on Jun 13, 2013 at 12:35:34 pm

Hello ,
A simple question (I think) how far BEHIND 4:2:2 50 mb/s Cameras are 4:2:0 25 mb/s Cameras eg the Sony NX5, in terms of obvious noticeable quality when used for Surfing,Nature as in outdoor landscape and some venue event type capture?

I am trying to decide between two camera's one 422 the other an NX5 about $1500 price difference.
Any advice appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
Re: Sony HRX NX5
on Jun 15, 2013 at 8:12:13 pm

There is a difference when you look at the raw video but the answer to your question depends on several factors such as 1. How much will you be color grading or adjusting the image in post? 2. How are you exporting your finished project? 3. Export settings? 4. Is it for web? Blu-Ray? DVD? Broadcast? The biggest of these is how much will you change the image in post? The 4:2:2 50Mbs will give you more flexibility in manipulating the image after the fact. However, once both raw images are put through post and then exported out the compression usually leaves a final image quality to a point where you can't tell a difference between the two. I have the NX5 and I'm assuming the other cam you are considering is the PMW200. The most importance difference with the 200 is the 1/2" chip versus the NX5 1/3" chips and that is definitely worth the extra money.

Return to posts index

Kevin Byrne
Re: Sony HRX NX5
on Jun 16, 2013 at 11:03:16 am

Many thanks for your considered and thorough response,I appreciate it, and have taken on board everything you have said.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]