FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ninja 2 record function from NX5U ?

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luc Novovitch
Ninja 2 record function from NX5U ?
on Jun 6, 2013 at 7:02:17 pm

Greetings,
Can I trigger the Ninja 2 record function from my NX5U? Which means I push the record button on the NX5U and the Ninja 2 starts recording. I push again and it stops.
If yes, I would appreciate you telling me the needed settings...

Thank you.

L.

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
Re: Ninja 2 record function from NX5U ?
on Jun 8, 2013 at 4:17:48 pm

I have not used the Ninja 2 but after reading the specs it appears you should be able to trigger the start/stop using timecode through HDMI if the cameras timecode is set to record run. I'd have to have a Ninja 2 in front of me to figure it out.

Return to posts index

Luc Novovitch
on Jun 8, 2013 at 7:56:36 pm

Thanks Michael.
"timecode through HDMI if the cameras timecode is set to record run" didn't work.
The NX5U can't trigger the Ninja 2 unlike, for example, the FS100. It seems that flags in ancillary data from HDMI or SDI are necessary. And the Ninja 2 doesn't have an SDI connection. Choosing Timecode and Record Run allows to start recording directly from the Ninja 2. But it doesn't trigger the recording on the NX5U. I have to also start the recording on the camera. If I don't, The Ninja 2 records, but I don't have a backup on SD cards or on my FMU.

L.

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
on Jun 15, 2013 at 8:14:50 pm

Since the NX5 was the first camera in the NXCAM line, it makes sense that Sony didn't think to set up the HDMI output for professional applications, especially since it has SDI.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]