FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any news on a US version of firmware update to allow servo zoom control by FS700

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Rucci
Any news on a US version of firmware update to allow servo zoom control by FS700
on May 11, 2013 at 11:16:13 pm

There was a thread a couple of months back about this but it seems to have gone dark. It seems you can download a firmware update allowing the FS700 zoom rocker to control the 18-200 Sony power zoom, but only from the Sony-Asia site, and then you have no support from Sony. Supposedly a US version was due out at the end of February. Has anyone heard anything about this or should I just take my chances with the Sony-Asia firmware? Thanks in advance.

Scott Rucci
Rucci Productions
ruccipro.com

Return to posts index

George Kalogeris
Re: Any news on a US version of firmware update to allow servo zoom control by FS700
on May 30, 2013 at 8:39:45 am

please share with us the link and your conclusions...
many people are afraid with firmware updates

Return to posts index

Scott Rucci
Re: Any news on a US version of firmware update to allow servo zoom control by FS700
on May 30, 2013 at 2:58:14 pm

I spoke with a Sony support rep who gave me a link. Works fine. However I can't find the link, he must have given it to me on the phone. I've uploaded it here 6084_nexfs700v2.00win.zip

Scott Rucci
Rucci Productions
ruccipro.com

Return to posts index

George Kalogeris
on May 30, 2013 at 3:03:25 pm

Thanks for sharing.
Now somebody has to test it!
You know I am in the dilemma between FS100 and NEX-EA50
the zoom lever is a must

Return to posts index

Scott Rucci
on May 30, 2013 at 8:50:39 pm

I've installed and used it. Works fine. I was hoping for more feathered control of the zoom than with the on-board control, but it's exactly the same. But all functions of the lens are now controllable from the camera.

Scott Rucci
Rucci Productions
ruccipro.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]