FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zoom Motor using a Lanc Controller....

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Nethery
Zoom Motor using a Lanc Controller....
on May 6, 2013 at 5:15:39 am

I have built a lens motor that can be controlled with a Lanc controller. I built it more for the goal of a zoom control. I plan is to do a kickstarted to get the build cost down. So here's what it does and has so far...

- Works with Lanc controllers (Like the one on the Sony FS700 or a cheap one from VeriZoom)
- All in one package. The Battery for the motor is onboard with the motor. (Right now it work with 2x AA batteries for about 4 hours, or I can make it work for a couple of days using a canon battery. The same one used in the 5D and 7D.)
- On & Off Switch
- Max Speed Knob with motor direction. The motor can be flipped to what ever side of the lens it fits best.
- 15MM Rod Mount
- Motor Torque .75 Nm (It's same kind of motor that you would find in a $2,000 lens motor. So it's not noisy like the DIY motors on youtube.)
- 360 rotation. The motor doesn't need calibrate before you use it. It's meant for Zoom not focus pulling.

So I'm looking for some feed back.

Are there any thoughts on things I should try to add? Which battery type should it use?

Thanks for any thought!
dan.

Return to posts index

Gavin Newman
Re: Zoom Motor using a Lanc Controller....
on May 8, 2013 at 8:07:34 pm

Sounds interesting for an ROV project I am working on. Does your design incorporate limit switches to stop the drive motor at each end of the zoom?

gavin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]