FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question regarding sound on SD card not playing on computers

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Adkins
Question regarding sound on SD card not playing on computers
on Feb 9, 2013 at 11:43:57 pm

Disclaimer - I am brand new to shooting video and editing so this question may be a simple fix that I am just not aware of how to correct.

I have purchased a NXCAM with XLR attachment and EMC-XM1 mic. Until yesterday I had been using a lavaliere mic with no issues. I tried the mic mentioned and as I was recording I could see it picking up the sound and during playback on the camera there is sound. The issue is that when I put the SD card in either my MacBook Pro or my Windows 7 PC there is no sound. I cannot figure out what I did wrong in the settings or how to get the sound from the card to the computer.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: Question regarding sound on SD card not playing on computers
on Feb 9, 2013 at 11:57:21 pm

The NXcam cameras allow you to record avchd (mp4) video and linear pcm audio for better audio.

Many of the out of box players on apple and pc assume that if you have avchd (MP4) video you also have Ac3 audio. So their codecs won't play the footage right from the camera.

You should be able to download a video player plug in to help play it back. Alternatively, on the camera, change the audio recording to the ac3 mode if you want that compatibility.
John Lenihan

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Chris Adkins
Re: Question regarding sound on SD card not playing on computers
on Feb 10, 2013 at 12:13:55 am

John thanks for your reply. I will look into what you suggested regarding the player. Currently I am using VLC for the Mac but this does not pull over the audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]