FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony FS 700 slow motion and external recorder

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Binn
Sony FS 700 slow motion and external recorder
on Feb 8, 2013 at 7:24:11 am

For Wildlife shots in France I need some slow motion shots. As the budget is limited I want to use the Sony FS 700.

As I understood when shooting 240fps the HD SDI output of the ring buffer will be 1080p/50. To get a higher quality I want to use the Gemini Recorder.

But what is the FS700 HDSDI Output when shooting 720p with higher frame rates? Is the HDSDI output 720p? If – I cannot find any recorder able to record these shots.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Charles

Return to posts index

Eric Sternberger
Re: Sony FS 700 slow motion and external recorder
on Feb 9, 2013 at 8:39:39 am

You have to set the sdi-output to 1080i on the camera. then you can record it with a recorder even without 3G SDI, like the samurai.
I testet it myself with the samurai, it has to be set to HD-SDI / TC-Run and then it detects the output of the buffer and records it automatically.
But: This way you are recording interlaced Material!
For progressive you need a 3G-SDI capable recorder, like the gemini or the sounddevice PIX

Return to posts index

Charles Binn
on Feb 12, 2013 at 1:09:58 pm

Hi Eric,

thank you for answering. But as you suggested I have to record in progressive mode. And this is the problem (I guess).
Gemini is able to record the 240 frames per second 1080p/50 output over 3G. But which kind of signal is coming out of the 3G port if the camera is set to 720p/480 slow motion mode? I guess the output will be 720p/50 or? And as far as I know no external recorder is able up to know to records this? Or am I wrong?

Charles

Return to posts index

Eric Sternberger
on Apr 3, 2013 at 10:18:40 am

Hi Charles,

why do you want to record 720p in the first place? The camera can record 1080/60p and the gemini can record that.

Regards!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]