FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lenses for Sony NEX-EA50

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rustin Thompson
Lenses for Sony NEX-EA50
on Jan 17, 2013 at 1:04:26 am

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying the new Sony NEX-EA50. I'm a professional documentary shooter but just now am entering the large sensor/fixed lens/shallow depth of field world. The EA50 appeals because of its zoom capability and ergonomics. However I'm a bit unsure as to what other lenses I should get. The camera comes with an E-mount 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Servo Zoom Lens. I realize this is probably not fast enough for most indoor lighted interviews and shooting b-roll on the run with available light. I also don't want to spend a fortune on a bunch of lenses, since I won't be able to change them out all the time during a shoot. I'm looking at the Sigma f/2.8 EX DN for $199; the Sony f/1.8 OSS Alpha at $448 (too much actually); or thinking I should go with the Sony E-mount 16mm f/2.8 Alpha wide angle at $248, which will give me better response in low light and wide angle capability, but will this work for interviews? I'm figuring that the so-called "lossless zoom" means I can zoom through any lens and it will retain aperture. Is this correct? Any thoughts on lenses? I'd like to stick with E-mounts to avoid adaptors.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Lenses for Sony NEX-EA50
on Jan 17, 2013 at 1:39:23 am

I'm interested in this information as well, especially about the low light capability of the stock lens and lossless zoom with other lens'.

Return to posts index

Ramon Coelho
Re: Lenses for Sony NEX-EA50
on Jan 6, 2015 at 1:09:59 am

I can assure you that the digital zoom of the NEX EA 50 is not without side effects, with human faces you don't notice much but horizontal lines will become jumpy.
Also looking for good advice for an extra prime lens with E-mount for the NEX EA50. Mainly because the stock lens is eating at least 2 stops when zoomed in.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]