FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM Transfer Problem

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
olaf steel
XDCAM Transfer Problem
on May 25, 2010 at 7:08:25 pm

Hi,

I have shot a short film on a Sony EX1 camera using SxS cards. When the cards were full, I put then in my MacBook Pro and copied the BPAV files to an external hard drive, a process I have done many times without problems in the past.

Now however, I tried to view the latest files in XDCAM Transfer and when I try to add the files, I get the following error message: Error - Failed to import movie at (path).

I can click on two buttons in the error window: Cancel all tasks and continue. If I click continue, all the thumbnails come up, but many of them are grayed out.

I can play back all the files in VLC just fine, but they fail to work in XDCAM Transfer. I have just upgraded it and it still does not work.
I have also tried to use XDCAM Transfer on another Mac and using Clip Browser on a PC. Still nothing.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Olaf

Return to posts index

Christopher Kinsman
Re: XDCAM Transfer Problem
on Jun 5, 2010 at 4:33:15 am

From our experience, you need to xfer the entire folders, not just the bpav files. Not aware of any fix for this - but haven't done a lot of searching for this either.

Best of Luck!

Kind Regards,

Chris

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Anderson
Re: XDCAM Transfer Problem
on Sep 11, 2010 at 4:01:32 am

Olaf,

I had this same problem when I upgraded to Snow Leopard from Leopard, and there is a fix for this bug (although I would have to do some searching for the program to use to fix it; it's from a Canadian website, I think). If you upgraded from Snow Leopard, this is probably the cause, and some searching will track down that file. I"m sorry I don't know where it is, I think it was passed to me from a friend who helped me with the same problem. I am looking for it for someone else right now, if I find it, I'll send the link.

Respectfully,
Jeff Anderson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]