FORUMS: list search recent posts

sony fs700 do I need a ki pro when shooting at 24mbps?

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt patterson
sony fs700 do I need a ki pro when shooting at 24mbps?
on Nov 12, 2012 at 7:54:04 pm

Prepping for a low budget short , was just going over the frame rate in the SONY FS700 menu, ideally I would like to shoot at '1080/25p FX' (meaning it would shoot at 24 Mbps)but in the SONY FS700 manual it stated that :

'movies recorded at 24mbps can be saved on an external media device only'

So I wanted to double check, does this mean that I would need an external recorder like at ki pro to record at 24mbps?

Would appreciate your advice!

Matt

Return to posts index

charles meadows
Re: sony fs700 do I need a ki pro when shooting at 24mbps?
on Nov 20, 2012 at 11:39:07 am

This might not help. We use the FS100 and record 25p FX (which is also 24mbps)straight onto the SD card. I'd be surprised if Sony were going to limit the camera in that way. Is it an NTSC region camera? It might be Sony trying to protect territories and increase sales of their soon to be released recorder. Either way, if it's true then it's pretty bad form by Sony.

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
Re: sony fs700 do I need a ki pro when shooting at 24mbps?
on Nov 21, 2012 at 10:30:47 pm

Our FS700 shoots and records all formats directly to the SD cards without issue. Even 25P FX. We are primarily a NTSC shop (23.98/29.97) but just did a 25p (used 1080/25p FX) on a project for a company in the UK and it went off without a hitch.

... So I just read the manual @ P42 and while it does say that, I am confused when it then refers to P104 which talks about saving still images to external devices. I think this may be a misprint or a poorly worded phrase.

But I suppose you cold just pop a card into the cam and do a test. I cant imagine why your cam wouldn't do something that mine will.

Hope this helps.

Richard Cooper
FrostLine Productions, LLC
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.frostlineproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]