FORUMS: list search recent posts

ea50?

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ofer Geva
ea50?
on Nov 9, 2012 at 7:50:34 am

Hello,
I work a lot outside on documenting. Sometimes going from full eye-burning sunlight to complete shadows within a minute.
I used a Panasonic AG-AF100 for the last year until an evil robber stole it from my house (lucky robber...) Now I've seen this new NEX-EA50 and I'm interested but my question is-
How do you get by without built in ND filters? Without the time to unscrew an ND filter from your lens and screw-in a different one?

Return to posts index

charles meadows
Re: ea50?
on Nov 9, 2012 at 3:51:04 pm

A variable ND filter. Essentially two circular filters together that screw onto the front of the lens and when turned they gradually block out more and more light. You can get the cheap ones and the expensive ones. If you're serious, go for the latter and the former if not. You can also buy step up/down rings so the one filter can fit a number of cameras.

"There's no point in filming in you don't have fun"
Charles Meadows
Creative Director
Incubate Productions South Africa
http://www.incubatevideo.co.za

Return to posts index

Bill Bruner
Re: ea50?
on Nov 10, 2012 at 9:38:07 pm

Ofer - Sorry to hear about your stolen AF100 :(

Charles is correct - Sony's omission of the built-in ND on cameras below the $8000 FS700 means the NEX-EA50 needs a 67mm variable neutral density filter like this $96 Fader ND.

You really don't want any of the less expensive filters - which often cause light loss and distorted color.

Outside of its lack of a built-in ND, the EA50 looks like great camera - but I have to say, I'm also looking at the full frame NEX-VG900, which looks pretty good in the sample footage I've seen: http://www.videomaker.com/video/watch/product-spotlight/748-highlight-foota...

Hope this is helpful,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]