FORUMS: list search recent posts

New NX5U question

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pattie Olson
New NX5U question
on Oct 21, 2012 at 2:05:59 am

Just graduated from my Canon GL2 to a NX5U and when I try to install the CMU I get a "no supported device is detected" message. I downloaded version 1.1 from the Sony site and got the same notice. When I connect the camera, turn it on and go to mode>manage media>USB connect> A, my system makes a noise that it sees the camera and the AutoPlay window comes up. I am new to HD, so I know I'm probably missing something simple and would appreciate any advice.

I am on Win7 64 bit editing on Adobe CS5.5.

Thanks
Pattie

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
Re: New NX5U question
on Oct 22, 2012 at 5:13:13 am

First, make sure you record something onto a card that is in the camera. Next, begin installing the CMU software. Do NOT connect the camera until prompted to do so. When prompted, connect the camera via USB. The LCD screen on the camera will ask if you want to connect (yes or no). Select yes. When the auto play window opens, just close it. Now go back to the installation and click next or continue. The setup wizard should finish installing with no problems. I would advise that, once version 1.1 is installed, going to Sony's UK site and updating to version 2.1. Don't worry, the update works perfectly with U.S. software. The easiest way to find the 2.1 update is by googling "sony content management utility 2.1". Look for a search result that takes you to DVInfo message board where the link has been posted. Good luck.

Return to posts index

Pattie Olson
on Oct 22, 2012 at 11:31:30 pm

Thank you for your response Michael.

I did exactly as you instructed, the camera connected perfectly and the computer sees it also. But when I go to the CMU InstallWizard and hit "Next" the window comes up that "No supported device is detected" and that's as far as it goes. Any other idea I could try? I can transfer files no problem, I just thought since something came on the DVD with the camera it would help me to use it. What does the CMU provide?

BTW, I've been reading thru a lot of your posts about the NX5U and I greatly appreciate all your advice and insight. It has shortened my learning curve during this process.

Regards,
Pattie

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
on Oct 24, 2012 at 7:51:05 pm

I'll do some testing and get back to you.

Return to posts index

Jonny Michel
on Oct 27, 2012 at 5:12:06 pm

Hi Michael.

I have been having a flicker issue with my NX5. For some reason it is only more effective in HD than SD. I have tried many diffrent record settings (shutter speed, iris, gain) and this flicker which appears greater on darker surfaces is still there when panning, zooming or even static. I downloaded the software provided as an import structure & yet still no effect. At first I thought it was the Sony Pro Duo card but I recently purchased another card that was SDHC and the issue hasent gone. Its only when recording to card. I have plugged the camera HDMI up to a 32" tv and there is no problem.

Can you help?

Regards jonathan

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
on Oct 30, 2012 at 9:37:04 pm

I personally have not experienced your problem with my NX5. Sounds like a shutter issue. Try changing recording formats from 1080i 24Mbs to 1080i 17Mbs. For some reason, I see no difference in quality between the two BUT 17Mbs seems easier to process and easier on the PC processor. Try that and let me know if it makes a difference.

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
on Oct 30, 2012 at 9:40:25 pm

Oh, I forgot one more thing. If you're going to be recording at 24Mbs, I'd suggest you shoot on SanDisk Extreme class UHS-I SDHC cards. Sony claims you can use class 10 but I've had problems using cards that are not UHS-I.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]