FORUMS: list search recent posts

dual EVF focus setup on FS100

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david grantham
dual EVF focus setup on FS100
on Sep 10, 2012 at 5:40:06 pm

For reasons of cost-effectiveness, simplicity, and weight, I am considering foregoing a high res evf monitor. While walking and gunning I would then use the FS100's evf for composing and the Atomos NInja 2 with peaking for focus pulling (and - for overhead shots only - for composing as well.) I find the peaking interferes with my ability to assess what I'm seeing as I compose and direct the almost no-budget dramas I make.

(Where absolutely necessary I would use an NEX lens with Autofocus.)

I welcome any thoughts, concerns, or advice.

thanks
David

Return to posts index

david grantham
Re: dual EVF focus setup on FS100
on Sep 10, 2012 at 9:34:00 pm

(The atomos writes what it displays, so that's not valid. I don't think I'll get one anyway - not until a similar unit will record 1080 @ 60p.)

However, I'd be interested in thoughts on the most cost-effective, small, light, and simple way to monitor and verify focus on this camera while providing one viewfinder devoid of peaking information at all times. I'm sure this will vary with personal preference.

thanks
David

Return to posts index

david grantham
Re: dual EVF focus setup on FS100
on Sep 15, 2012 at 6:23:09 am

This is a quiet forum. In case someone's investigating this same thing, I'll report that the display data can be removed from the HDMI signal in the camera's settings. So (camera-generated) peaking can be displayed on the camera's LCD only - handy if recording via HDMI.

I'm finding that peaking reacts wherever there's a hard vertical edge, whether it's in focus or not, so I'm not sure it's so reliable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]