FORUMS: list search recent posts

FS700 - can't get picture to an external monitor?

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan Hargreaves
FS700 - can't get picture to an external monitor?
on Aug 31, 2012 at 12:38:33 pm

Hi folks,

Encountered an odd one with my new FS700... I just hooked it up to an external monitor and can't get a picture out of it, either via HD/SDi or HDMI.

It's going into a Datavision 7" monitor, which I then tested with the SDi out of my EX3 and worked perfectly.

All the menu settings on the 700 look ok - I can't see any obvious reason why it's apparently not sending a signal to the monitor... Assuming there's something I've missed.

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance,

D

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
Re: FS700 - can't get picture to an external monitor?
on Sep 13, 2012 at 4:59:48 am

if you are shooting in 23.98 make sure your monitor can accept this frame rate. Some cannot and that may be the reason.
Have you tried a different monitor connected to your FS700? Or change your frame rate to 29.97 and see if that does it?

Also I need to have mine set to 24p/30p output for my Small HD monitor and not 24PsF/30PsF, check this as well.
The datavision may not accept progressive signals.(Or HD for that matter) It may need interlaced SD, although I don't know. I Googled Datavision 7" monitor and I could not find anything pertaining to a Professional HD monitor so this may be the problem, but I don't know.

Check you monitor specs and set the FS700 to match and see if this fixes your problem.

Hope this helps.

Richard Cooper
FrostLine Productions, LLC
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.frostlineproductions.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Oct 2, 2012 at 6:18:50 pm

Richard (or anyone else),

We also have the FS700 and a SmallHD monitor. When connecting with SDI, the only framerates the SmallHD recognizes are 1080p24(fx and fh) and 1080p30. When I switch to anything else (1080i60, 720p60, etc), the SmallHD monitor does not pick up the signal through SDI. However, when switching to HDMI, any and all framrates work fine on the SmallHD monitor.

Is there some sort of SDI limitation I am unaware of?

Dan

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
on Nov 21, 2012 at 11:37:20 pm

Thanks for the info Daniel!

Richard Cooper
FrostLine Productions, LLC
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.frostlineproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]