FORUMS: list search recent posts

NX5U remote controllers cannot switch from auto to manual focus

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john lenihan
NX5U remote controllers cannot switch from auto to manual focus
on Jun 15, 2012 at 5:15:21 pm

I have been using a LANC remote controller for some time, yet have been frustrated by the camera's anti person auto focus problem.

I described it earlier, the camera prefers to focus on sharp lines like bricks and window frames even when a face takes up the entire middle of the frame.

So, I decided to find a remote controller that would allow me to quickly go into manual focus and tweek the adjustment if the autofocus does this.

I have tried Varizoom vz rocker, the Sony RM1BP and have discovered a camera shortcoming you should be aware of. The remotes are able to focus if the camera switch has been set to manual. However, the button on the remote that toggles into and out of autofocus doesn't work.

After talking with the tech people at Varizoom, and the tech people at Sony, it appears that the reason is that the camera switch to go into and out of autofocus is a physical switch, therefore, not able to be remote controlled. The sony tech further said that NO remote will be able to go into and out of autofocus remotely.

I am very sad to hear this. I report this to you, hoping perhaps one of you has figured out a work around or a custom remote controller that actually does work.

John Lenihan

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]