FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDR-AX2000 2-way radio Anomaly

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Mickol
HDR-AX2000 2-way radio Anomaly
on Apr 20, 2012 at 7:25:00 am

My HDR-AX2000 loses focus and exhibits other bizarre behavior when a professional 2-way radio is in use within up to 3-4 feet of the camera. This problem can be reproduced. My interaction with Sony Chat Support says this is normal operation due to the "magnetic field". My Panasonic AG-AC130 and Sony VX2000, VX2100, PD150, PD170, DSR250, TRV900 cameras do not exhibit this behavior. Anyone else seen this?

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: HDR-AX2000 2-way radio Anomaly
on Apr 20, 2012 at 3:50:15 pm

Yes,
I have seen this on my nx5u about 1 1/2 years ago on this forum.

So, the sony support guy is correct, it is normal for this camera series.

I found the sensitivity along the top front of the handle and less the farther away from that point.

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Jim Mickol
on Apr 20, 2012 at 4:36:56 pm

Here is what Sony Support says: "I'm sorry to inform you that the Camcorder may not be able to record properly near strong radio waves or radiation. Similar is the case with the magnetic fields and mechanical vibration. Please avoid recording the Camcorder under these conditions."

This is a MAJOR design flaw. We do event video and radios are used all the time. We knew to keep our own radios away from the camera, but we were doing a broadcast shoot for Time Warner and the scorekeeper about 3 feet away had a radio and our main camera went all blurry a few times because of this. Guess its time to get rid of the Sony and pick-up some more Panasonic AC130s.

Return to posts index

Stephen Crye
on May 13, 2012 at 6:59:46 am

Sorry to hear about this.

Years ago I was a printer support technician ... one of my clients had a big Okidata dot-matrix high speed printer. If the security guard keyed the radio near it the print head would smash all the way to one side of the carriage!

My solution was to put the printer in a home-made Faraday cage. I made one from plywood and fine chicken-wire with a hinged top.

I know this is not practical for your cam!

Steve

Win7 Pro X64 on Dell T3400, MultiTB SATA, 8GB RAM, nVidia FX 570, Vegas 10e (and 11) x64 DVDA 5.2(build 133) Sony HDR-CX550V

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]