FORUMS: list search recent posts

NX70U firmware update

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Chandler
NX70U firmware update
on Apr 6, 2012 at 2:59:38 pm

I tried running the NX70U firmware upgrade this morning.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-nxcamsite/resource.downloads.bbsccms-ass...

I get as far as "Reset your NXCAM" in the progress list and an error message appears and aborts the operation. Anybody had any luck at getting this installed? I need some help!

Return to posts index

Brad White
Re: NX70U firmware update
on Apr 10, 2012 at 4:19:55 am

Just successfully completed firmware updates on both my NX70U's. My oldest cam started as v1.00 and the newer one at v2.00 and both updated to v3.01. A couple of observations:
- The update does a hard reset so remember your custom settings as they will default to factory settings
- Operation (run) time appears to reset to 0 hours. This can be a good thing depending on how much time you have on the cam
- Yes, the new slow speed rocker setting is better than "fast only", although not ideal
- Using the LCD zoom button in the "slow" setting yields a VERY slow zoom
- Using a "remote" zoom control seems to be uneffected and works as before
- All the other new features appear to be there although I have not spent time experimenting with them

Brad White

Return to posts index

James Chandler
on Apr 10, 2012 at 7:10:50 pm

Thanks for the reply Brad. Now downloaded and updated successfully. Zoom does seem a lot better, maybe a little too slow! Simultaneous record is vital when shooting for money! It’s like a brand new camera!

Return to posts index

Brad White
on Apr 10, 2012 at 10:48:13 pm

Glad you were successful James.

I may have run across an issue while trying the other new features. Specifically, I was experimenting with the "Assign" button and set it so the Photo button on top of the camera was re-assigned to become a "Last Scene Review" button instead. This worked fine until I tried to re-set the Photo button back to be the Photo button. Now there is an icon in the middle of the LCD indicating that the photo feature is disabled. This happened on both my cameras. I realize there are some settings that inhibit taking photos during video, such as "simultaneous record". The camera will still take photos when the mode switch is changed to "photo", but not in the "movie" mode or (dual record function). I tried re-booting the camera; no help.
Have you seen this. I don't know if I'm experiencing operator error or if there is something in the firmware update.
Brad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]