FORUMS: list search recent posts

NXCAM announcement from Sony

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Fleckenstein
NXCAM announcement from Sony
on Jan 22, 2010 at 7:36:55 pm

I'm guessing most of you got the same email from Sony that I did, announcing the NXCAM format.

Built in GPS? TC in/out? Keen. Obviously not intended for the same user as the XDCAM EX bunch, but pretty neat at a decent price (just from first glance). The option to record a redundant backup looks kind neat, too. I'm not considering one of these cameras, but I do think it's noteworthy.

Cf

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: NXCAM announcement from Sony
on Jan 22, 2010 at 7:43:39 pm

Yay another proprietary format from Sony!

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Jan 22, 2010 at 8:02:21 pm

Yeah, they goofed up somewhere...I didn't read anything in the announcement about $1000 media...

Cf

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jan 22, 2010 at 10:03:34 pm

[Clint Fleckenstein] "Yeah, they goofed up somewhere...I didn't read anything in the announcement about $1000 media... "

The add on flash memory unit costs $800.00 and change. That's getting up close to a grand. I talked about this camera during our local assoc. meeting on Wed. Sony's claiming 11 hours recording time on that FMU, which has got to be worth something for someone who wants to step up from HDV and into solid state recording. And for the same entry price as the Z5U. $4995.00.

- Don

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jan 22, 2010 at 10:36:26 pm

Or memory stick- because we all can't get enough of memory sticks...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D,
Apple Tablet Blog.

Return to posts index

Greg Ondera
on Jan 23, 2010 at 2:56:39 am

I just saw one at the Snader show here in the Bay Area, and have to admit I liked several of the ergonomic features on it. However it does not have a swivel handle like the EX1, not that I use that too often. And the LCD looked like quite a step down from the EX1.

Greg Ondera
http://www.Plexus.tv
http://www.SurgeonToday.org

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jan 23, 2010 at 4:54:25 am

Seems to be their answer to AVCHD- even though they are already using that format. It's a head spinner.

Noah

Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D,
Apple Tablet Blog.

Return to posts index

Samuel Adebari
on May 3, 2010 at 11:32:03 pm

Hi Noah & everyone,

Which SDHC camcorder under $6,000 would you recommed for weddings (low light situations), short films and documentaries. I was leaning towards Sony NX5U (Extra Zoomcapabilties) and Panasonic HMC150 (Great video resolutions). Is there any other better ones. Please advise. Anyone, I need your help please. Thanks

Samuel Adebari
Just Relax Media Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]