FORUMS: list search recent posts

FS-100 File Naming

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Paul
FS-100 File Naming
on Feb 21, 2012 at 7:07:12 pm

Is there a way to set the FS-100 to give it's clips unique names at the file level? The issue is that the camera files all start as 00000 on each SD card. the editor gets confused by the redundant source names. I can set start timecode and user bits but that does not help her. Any ideas?

Chris Paul
POV

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: FS-100 File Naming
on Feb 21, 2012 at 7:27:26 pm

Currently, no, though this is being investigated for possible inclusion in later firmware

Return to posts index

Bill Pryor
on Sep 1, 2012 at 12:52:03 am

Is it possible to set the camera so the numbering goes on consecutively--like, if it goes from 1 to 100 on one card it would pick up with 101 on the next card? I'm looking at moving from a DSLR to the fS100, and would have to have sequential file numbering. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Diego Lopez
on Jan 24, 2013 at 5:14:21 pm

Well it's almost a year later.... anything new?

As an editor - I can't stand the fact that the camera won't allow you to give files unique names. Who saw the post-production process and said "yeah, that's fine.. this won't be confusing at all"?

Especially trying to work with AVCHD natively (yeah, I know people suggest not doing this, but what's the point of the software that can do it if the implementation doesn't work?).

I'm still poking around - if I find anything out, I'll come back here.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jan 24, 2013 at 6:11:25 pm

Still under discussion for future firmware release. I'll post an update on this as soon as I have more info.

Return to posts index

Frederick Ross
on Feb 19, 2013 at 1:20:27 am

+1 for the ability to consecutively number files across cards and the ability to add custom metadata like production name camera # etc. Defiantly a pain to have a bunch of cards that all have the EXACT same file names! 65 card changes = 65 "00000.MTS" files ugh!

Return to posts index

Frederick Ross
on Feb 19, 2013 at 1:24:47 am

+1 for the ability to consecutively number files across cards and the ability to add custom metadata like production name camera # etc. Defiantly a pain to have a bunch of cards that all have the EXACT same file names! 50 card changes = 50 00000.MTS files

And the ability to NAME the Picture Profiles is a must, really annoying to have to have a strip of tape on the camera explaining what the PP are.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]