FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony nxcam hxr nx5e shots

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noah Bako
Sony nxcam hxr nx5e shots
on Feb 4, 2012 at 11:08:02 am

Hie, please assist me 'am a newbie in fliming; i've got two sony hxr x5e cameras that i want to use to shoot a subject preaching. I want to position one camera directly at the subject and the other on his right.

want i want to find out is how do i change between shoot sizes using the camera directly facing him i.e without the apparent zooming in or our movement?

i.e i just want to cut into a close shot then wide shot without necessarily showing the zooming movement in btwn using the one camera.

please assist me if there are setting to do that or maybe using the assign buttons.

thanks in advance and God bless!

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: Sony nxcam hxr nx5e shots
on Feb 4, 2012 at 5:09:03 pm

You do that kind of stuff in the editor.

Before shooting, sync the cameras.

While shooting you zoom in reframe, and keep shooting.

Use an editor that allows multicam, bring in the two camera angles, sync up, choose which camera to avoid the zoom.

I recommend Sony Vegas Pro as an editor.
John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Noah Bako
on Feb 4, 2012 at 9:17:35 pm

Thanks for the response John, i was hoping the camera had a fast kinda smart zoom; something like the expanded focus. I guess i have to see if i can outsource additional cameras.

God bless!

Return to posts index

john lenihan
on Feb 4, 2012 at 10:42:47 pm

Never heard of any camera being able to switch focal lengths within 1/60 of a second, which is what you would be asking.

If you are looking to do it with only one camera here are the tricks I have used when found myself with a one camera shoot and someone talking.

1. Zoom so slow the audience doesn't notice it.
2. Wait for a moment when the speaker is pausing for a drink of water, turn of page, or dramatic pause, then change your zoom fast and edit that few seconds out.
3. Find a place where the speaker is repeating himself. Some do it a lot. Then zoom there. During editing, cut out the sentence or two. He won't notice and the audience will be glad.

john

John Lenihan

Return to posts index

Noah Bako
on Feb 6, 2012 at 7:51:55 am

:) thanks for the advice John plus it gave me something to smile about about! stay blessed.

Return to posts index

Noah Bako
on Mar 13, 2012 at 10:11:10 pm

Hie John,

'Am trying to use my Sony : HXR-NX5E to shoot a subject on green screen at 4:2:2 so i can have the best signal for post.

Apart from using i.e the Ninja and other high end solutions to do this, is it possible to use a video card on my pc and connect a firewire cable straight from the camera to pc in order to stream the 4:2:2 signal during the live shoot?

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

john lenihan
on Mar 14, 2012 at 12:45:18 am

There is not a firewire output from the camera, so the short answer is no.

Howevever, the sdi output sends 422, so you can get a pc card that has an sdi input. That would allow you to get the 422 colorspace.

The other outputs are composite, which does not send 422 colorspace.

Then there is component output and HDMI output, I do not know if either or both of them send 422 colorspace or not. But there are component and HDMI inputs on computer cards.

John

John Lenihan

Return to posts index

Noah Bako
on Mar 14, 2012 at 6:26:42 am

thanks for clarifying that for me John and God bless :)

Return to posts index

Ken Wilson
on Mar 15, 2012 at 6:44:38 pm

I think you'll find the sdi 422 output is very clean - I have used it for chroma and it's nice.

In reply to your other issue, if your final product is SD or 720, you can shoot the raw in 1080, and then use your edit program to crop it. I've done this in the past to make the exact kind of cut you're talking about, but with a single-camera shoot.

-Ken

Return to posts index

Noah Bako
on Mar 15, 2012 at 8:31:48 pm

thanks for the much help Ken, i really appreciate it.

One other issue i wanted to find out is how come some music videos look so clear on TV but regardless of my settings; my dvd videos don't look as crystal clear...in fact, they look blurry.

any advice on how i can improve on my renders...for broadcast and dvd viewing ?

thanks in advance and God bless

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]