FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony NXCAM HXR-NX70U Camcorder-Zoom Problem

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Petteruto
Sony NXCAM HXR-NX70U Camcorder-Zoom Problem
on Jan 25, 2012 at 12:53:26 pm

I hear the Sony NXCAM HXR-NX70U Camcorder has major issues with the zoom control. Does anyone know if Sony is going to fix this problem? I do a lot of outside sports video and I really like the waterproof feature the camera has, but don't want to purchase one if the zoom is as bad as I hear it is. Any thoughts or help on this subject would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Dave P.

Intel I7 950, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE, Vegas Pro 10 (32bit/64bit), Windows 7 Pro 64bit, LG WH10LS30 10X Bluray Burner.

Return to posts index

Stephen Crye
Re: Sony NXCAM HXR-NX70U Camcorder-Zoom Problem
on Feb 24, 2012 at 9:26:09 pm

DO NOT buy it. The zoom is the least of your worries. I had three of them, testing and sending back hoping to get lucky. The killer problem is lack of sharp focus on the edges and the WORST chromatic aberration I have ever encountered.

Details here: http://www.huecotanks.com/temp1

BTW the firmware fix for the zoom will be out soon, but it is just a way to set the speed. The rocker is far too touchy. But I would have lived with it had the image quality been acceptable.

the 1080 60p was nice, though.

Steve

Win7 Pro X64 on Dell T3400, MultiTB SATA, 8GB RAM Vegas 10e (and 11) x64 DVDA 5.2(build 133) Sony HDR-CX550V, Sony HXR-NX5U

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]