FORUMS: list search recent posts

sony nx5U to fcp 7 won't log and transfer?

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Evans
sony nx5U to fcp 7 won't log and transfer?
on Jan 17, 2012 at 1:03:14 am

I am trying to log and transfer clips I shot on the 128 gig external drive of my nx5u to fcp 7 project , but when I use USB connect on the camera, it won't connect to the external drive to access the clips, only gives me ability for flash drives A & B??? If I click log and transfer in project, I keep getting error message "yeltsinmandela" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media. The first time I hooked it up, it worked fine, what am I doing wrong this time??? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Paul Evans
wildnewmexico.com

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: sony nx5U to fcp 7 won't log and transfer?
on Jan 17, 2012 at 3:31:36 am

[Paul Evans] "I am trying to log and transfer clips I shot on the 128 gig external drive of my nx5u to fcp 7 project , but when I use USB connect on the camera, it won't connect to the external drive to access the clips, only gives me ability for flash drives A & B??? "

Have you tried removing the 128 GB drive from the camera and connecting directly to your computer via USB?

[Paul Evans] "The first time I hooked it up, it worked fine, what am I doing wrong this time??? "

How did you format the drive after you cleared it - on the camera or computer? You should use the camera to format the drive.

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jan 17, 2012 at 8:26:32 am

I don't have the FMU but I think you just remove it from the camera and plug it's mini USB into the computer. Always copy the "private" folder (if it's the same as the SD cards) to a new folder on your computer. Name that new folder to describe what the footage is. Eject the FMU/SD card before opening L&T.

I like to keep all my avchd folders on a separate, dedicated HDD, then L&T Prores to my backed-up RAID for editing. Those folders don't need to be there cluttering my main drives and taking up space.

Also, I avoid using the cameras built in USB to copy media files, just to stay away from the unnecessary risk of unplug/power-off during the file transfer.

Return to posts index

Paul Evans
on Jan 24, 2012 at 4:24:33 am

Thank you David, Doh! Also, thanks for the heads up on the on the workflow for the files. I have been using XDCAM HD (355) for the last couple years and have imported files in a similar manner, I'm just beginning to venture into the AVCHD world.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]