I am needing some help with refining our workflow. We are currently shooting on Arri Alexa and shooting Pro Res 422 (HQ) Log - C. We intend to assemble and lock on Avid and Grade in Baselight.
Our current workflow is;
1. Back up Arri High Res to Network Attached Storage.
2. Using resolve lite create Dnx 36 offline media with embedded Arri LUTs
3. In MC (v6.5) AMA to high res
4. Log, edit and lock episode for final post
5. Relink to high res and export to grade (baselight)
Workflow is solid up to export of relinked pro res material. We are running on PC and have tried a number of workflows;
1. Export AAF and Copy Media - Fail as MC only allows AMA to Pro Res Footage
2. Transcode relinked sequence to DNx185x and Export Link to AAF - Artefacts found on transcoded material.
3. Consolidate - as above with Transcode.
Any suggestions on how to export the relinked high res media and AAF from MC on Pc to baselight? Avid apparently are aware if the transcode issue with pro res media.