FORUMS: list search recent posts

Arri framerates all playback as 25fps

COW Forums : ARRI

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Zammit
Arri framerates all playback as 25fps
on Feb 26, 2013 at 10:51:27 pm

Hi

So i'm not sure if this should really be in the Arri or Premier section but here goes.

I was given some Arri footage shot by some guys and shot in various frame-rates by mistake they said 25/50/60/120.

I've been asked to do the post production for them as they cant manage it themselves however I'm having a little issue where in PPro CS 5.5 all the footage i add to the project is picked up as 25 fps.

I don't believe the software is reading it badly it looks more like although the footage was shot at 120fps the files given to me are actually 25fps files.

meaning that my playback in the sequence is all at different speeds and makes lip sync a pain in the a** (this is a music video.

So basically why are these files shot on Arri (files are Prores 422 & 444 25-120fps) all being seen as 25fps. Does the Arri write record 120fps and write all those frames as a slowed down 25fps file?

Whenever ive worked with other framerates in the past PPro picks up the fps and playback is at the right speed in the sequence i work in, these are slowed down.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Arri framerates all playback as 25fps
on Feb 27, 2013 at 2:48:29 pm

[Roger Zammit] "So basically why are these files shot on Arri (files are Prores 422 & 444 25-120fps) all being seen as 25fps. Does the Arri write record 120fps and write all those frames as a slowed down 25fps file? "

That would be correct, the base frame rate in the camera is the rate at which all files are played back at, and is pretty much the same in all HighSpeed acquisition.

If you have images of the original media on the cards the metadata should be able to inform you as to all of the specifics of the recording.

http://www.arri.de/camera/digital_cameras/tools/arri_meta_extract.html

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Roger Zammit
on Feb 27, 2013 at 3:47:55 pm

Thanks for the info, the app solved my issues

Return to posts index

Christy MacKarell
on Mar 15, 2013 at 9:01:30 pm

Roger, Gary

ClipMetaView - free App Store download - is also useful for parsing metadata from PR files...

Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]