COW Forums : ARRI

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jesse mendelson
can anyone tell me the best way to do do data wrangling on set - 1 alexa / 1 5d
on Nov 15, 2012 at 6:05:55 pm

can anyone tell me the best way to do do data wrangling on set - 1 alexa / 1 5d

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
Re: can anyone tell me the best way to do do data wrangling on set - 1 alexa / 1 5d
on Nov 15, 2012 at 10:44:05 pm

If you can run the data continuously, then record your whole production day in one continuous swoop, then make a bump down to a daily for the first edit, then hit the function, AUTOSPACING immediately.

Oppositely, you can record each segment, and have someone pencil notes of anything that pertains, just like film.

Just like film, make sure you don`t take a full session of good pictures with unchecked out of control sound.

Your question has many different answers since the aiding software tools like GlueTools, different hardware, and your employed staff, can vary. Just show us the results!

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
Re: can anyone tell me the best way to do do data wrangling on set - 1 alexa / 1 5d
on Nov 21, 2012 at 2:37:26 am

Jesse and others, here`s little bit of quick look- up in printed form which while not as general (wide) and helpful as the above, will nonetheless fit in your pocket.
Step 0, (preparation), Preset your printer to print maybe 8 pages per page, single sided, then grab the following files from ARRI:
1. "Alexa User Manual Sup (supplement) 6.1"
2. "Alexa Pocket Guide Sup 6.1"
3. "ARRI MetaExtract_releasenotes.pdf"
Note: The first two print out to maybe 30 to 60 pages each. The PDF in number 3 prints out to 6 useful pages. I had found a version that I seem to recall was around the same number of pages as the other 2 manuals. Print out this stuff then get scissoring and glueing. Oldest
areas of this Forum topic also are loaded with things to print then
pencil through.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]