FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupt Alexa ProRes4444 files

COW Forums : ARRI

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Revolt
Corrupt Alexa ProRes4444 files
on Aug 30, 2012 at 4:27:13 am

So we had two cards today from the same camera after 17 days of shooting that were copied using Al3xa data manager ended up being corrupt once they were opened in post. This is the 147 reel and everything has been seamless except these two offloads.

The ProRes files are there and but the curious thing is that the RD5, XML and ALE file are there but are completely empty. I am trying everything to resurrect these dead quicktime files, it seems very similar to R3D files that have been corrupted. Any suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks in advance,

Jonny Revolt

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Corrupt Alexa ProRes4444 files
on Aug 30, 2012 at 12:54:29 pm

[Jonny Revolt] "The ProRes files are there and but the curious thing is that the RD5, XML and ALE file are there but are completely empty."

The Alexa's card file structure does not have anything in it other than the ProRes Files and an FCPXML file.

If you have the ProRes files you have the info as the camera captured.

This sounds more like a data transfer issue- contact the data handler / DP and have them send you copies of their card backups ( a shoot that large should have a secondary backup plan)

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Dan Montgomery
Re: Corrupt Alexa ProRes4444 files
on Dec 14, 2012 at 7:21:46 pm

Johnny,

I read something recently on the REDUSER forum about Al3xa data manager corrupting files.. You may want to check over there for tips.

(What I read sounded ugly.)

Video logging is just the beginning...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]