FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alexa Timecode lost between dailies and raw for 48 and 60fps shot at 2K

COW Forums : ARRI

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin Edelman
Alexa Timecode lost between dailies and raw for 48 and 60fps shot at 2K
on Feb 9, 2012 at 4:12:02 pm

Hi,

I received both raw .ari files and pro res proxy dailies from an Alexa camera shot at 2K (2880x1620) at various frame rates - 23.98, 48, and 60 fps.

The problem is that the timecode of the .ari files does not correspond to the dailies (the proxy dailies were made from the Pro Res HQ spit out by the Alexa).

Because the timecode does match up, it becomes a pain when getting from the offline to transfer house and again to conform. I have a workaround between the two houses, but it is time consuming, so if anyone knows anything - how, why, what, and when about this problem and its solution, I'd appreciate it.

When contacting the DIT on set, he told me "he contacted the manufacturer of the codex system who said there is nothing they can do about this. However, to help, the dailies timecode of the 2K footage shot at 48fps is exactly half of the TC of the raw footage. The 2K at 60fps doesn't have as easy of an equation."

The 48fps equation did not actually work.

Colin

Return to posts index

illya laney
Re: Alexa Timecode lost between dailies and raw for 48 and 60fps shot at 2K
on Mar 9, 2012 at 12:23:31 pm

The Codex doesn't kick in until it receives a signal while the Prores starts recording immediately. As far as I know, there's nothing you can do about it because the Prores clips will always be longer than the raw.

twitter.com/illyalaney

nextLAB Mobile
SpeedGrade DI
Resolve
da Vinci 8:8:8 Renaissance
Color

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]