FORUMS: list search recent posts

generating proxies from apple prores 444 to 422 LT or proxie, in final cut pro

COW Forums : ARRI

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Madaleno
generating proxies from apple prores 444 to 422 LT or proxie, in final cut pro
on Dec 3, 2011 at 11:28:49 am

Hi, im in a project that is being shot with alexa, arri raw and simultaneously to prores 444, i know i can offline it like this in FCP 7, but im afraid that there's no hardrives to hold the volume of footage that im expecting, this is the ratio 4 days of shooting= 300gigs *pro res and this will be a 12 week shooting, so im thinking to trans-code the 444 to a apple prores 422LT or Proxie maintaining the time-code, but i cant do it in log and transfer, i know i can batch export or media manage from FCP. So my question is, if anyone know if there is a plugin for log&transfer so i can process the dailies with some comfort, or any other fast and safe way.
thanks

Return to posts index

John Heagy
Re: generating proxies from apple prores 444 to 422 LT or proxie, in final cut pro
on Dec 4, 2011 at 3:39:20 am

Hi Carlos,

Why RAW and PR444? Why not RAW and PRLT or proxy? Are you onlining with the 444 or RAW? If 444, why not shoot 444 and LT or proxy. Wouldn't RAW, 444, and LT add to your hard drive woes?

To answer your question... Compressor, Episode and ProxyMill will all encode with matching TC and Reel. We use an Episode Engine cluster which is the fastest way I know to encode ProRes. One can set up a similar type cluster with Compressor but it's tricky to set up and keep running. Maybe Compressor 4 is improved.

Return to posts index

Carlos Madaleno
Re: generating proxies from apple prores 444 to 422 LT or proxie, in final cut pro
on Dec 4, 2011 at 11:54:38 am

Hi the dop, wants to shot in this 2 hires formats, for safety reasons, anyway yes there will be a online for grading in autodesk Lustre, and post in Flame, conforming a xml from FCP7 to the ariraw, but my question is very simple, is there a way log and transfer the prores 444? im just dealing with the ofline

thanks

Return to posts index

John Heagy
on Dec 4, 2011 at 4:18:03 pm

[Carlos Madaleno] "my question is very simple, is there a way log and transfer the prores 444?"

Simple answer... no.

Return to posts index

Carlos Madaleno
on Dec 4, 2011 at 4:29:52 pm

thanks, so only media manager... :(
if i find a better solution ill post it to this thread .

thanks anyway
best regards

Return to posts index

Sidharth Meer
on Dec 9, 2011 at 12:02:35 pm

You can make ProRes Proxy with TC & Reel Burnt in and in meta data in Resolve Lite. There is a offline and dailies guide floating around for Resolve on this forum I'm sure. Or you can ask Rohit Gupta. On a good system it is real time.

Sidharth Meer
Post Production Supervisor @ The Bridge

Return to posts index

Carlos Madaleno
on Dec 9, 2011 at 4:37:46 pm

thank for you input ill suggest this to the production.

Return to posts index

John Heagy
on Dec 4, 2011 at 4:11:52 am

I should also add that you can do it in FCP via Media Manager.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Dec 11, 2011 at 9:36:54 pm

Is the 444 with LogC, either way, Resolve Lite might make for a nice dailies creation workflow in this scenario.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Carlos Madaleno
on Dec 11, 2011 at 9:38:46 pm

thanks i already downloaded resolve lite, what a powerful free app, amazing !!
thanks anyway
best wishes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]