FORUMS: list search recent posts

An Alexa "RedCine-X"?

COW Forums : ARRI

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Celia
An Alexa "RedCine-X"?
on Oct 17, 2011 at 4:05:24 pm

Frequently I am asked to create dailies for offline. When shooting on the RED, I use REDCine-X to give everything a one light color correct and ship off ProRes Proxy files. It's quick, utilizes multicore, and keeps the in camera audio intact.

I haven't found a similar solution for the Alexa. I'm being asked to transcode ProRes 4x4 Log-C files to ProRes 422 with a LUT applied (basically a one-light color correct so the client doesn't freak out with the rough cuts before the finish).

What tool / what workflow are people doing? After hunting around the internet, I haven't found many people speaking high praise to this workflow...

----------------
FCP Guru
http://www.fcpguru.com

Return to posts index

Oliver Cabreiro
Re: An Alexa "RedCine-X"?
on Mar 15, 2012 at 2:15:13 pm

Wow, no answer in this in half a year -
now I'm exactly with the same situation. Shooting on Alexa, looking for the simplest way to autosync audio.
My initial question: Can I just use the RedCine-X software with ProRes 4444 material coming from the alexa? Or does this software put a limitation there to non-Red Video material?

Second question: I've heard there is a posibility for the Alexa to record audio direct, either as temp-track or a Premix via wireless transmission from the soundperson.
Point would be that in this case I could Autosync with Pluraleyes on the FCP, making life a lot easier.

Does anyone have any experience with that?

Thanks in Advance, Oliver

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]