FORUMS: list search recent posts

Arri Alexa Plus and its remotability future.

COW Forums : ARRI

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gianluca Bertone
Arri Alexa Plus and its remotability future.
on Aug 31, 2011 at 3:47:54 pm

Hi there,

so far I understood that the Alexa Plus costs more for few more options in the menu and for its ethernet cable which helps to sync cameras that are used in 3D rig. However, I don't know yet how useful is its on-board wireless capability, I mean, I read that it uses the bonjour protocol and if you open a browser it's possible to read the metadata of the camera, but there is no live feedback. Is it possible for instance to turn on and off the camera wirelessly from an iPad? If the answer to this question yes, why Arri recently developed the RC4 cable remote control? Even if the Alexa is mounted on a crane the wireless should be enough.

Do anybody know if there will ever be Apps that will make interact the Alexa with an iPad? I heard rumors that Arri is working on implementing "Bluetooth capabilities" for the Alexa, that makes me think that this is happening because with just the regular wireless protocols third parties/software houses haven't developed a single App in over a year. Furthermore, I don't understand why something basic and easy like color bars haven't being implemented in the last software upgrade, I think that DPs use that feature in practice more than False Colors for instance. Please if anybody knows about any development on this remotability matter, please share it! Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]