FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro-res HQ file won't open with LION

COW Forums : ARRI

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stokes mcintyre
Pro-res HQ file won't open with LION
on Aug 12, 2011 at 5:35:10 pm

Hi Everybody,

Suddenly, my macbook pro will not open Apple pro-res 4:2:2 HQ files that were originally acquired using the alexa. When I open the files, I get this message:

“An invalid public movie atom was found in the movie.”

Here’s my system: 2.53 GHz Macbook Pro Core i5, 4GB Ram. I have a mere 12gigs of space left on the internal HD.

Here are a few facts:

• I just upgraded to LION. I don’t think issue was happening before I upgraded to LION. The files have been fine through many edit sessions so they came off the Alexa in good condition.

• I was able to open the files just fine on another machine that was running Snow Leopard. This indicates to me the files are not corrupted and the drive the file lives on is not damaged.

• If the video file is less that 1Gig, it opens fine on my machine. If it’s greater than 1Gig, it gives me the “invalid public movie atom” message.

• Oddly, the only file I can open the file in is quicktime 10. I can open the file and play it. I cannot open the file in any other software including FCP 7, mpeg stream clip, compressor, quicktime pro 7.

• When I open the file in FCP 7, I just see white.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this issue? If it’s the LION upgrade, I hope I don’t have to go back to snow leopard to remedy this issue.

I appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thanks!
Stokes

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Pro-res HQ file won't open with LION
on Aug 14, 2011 at 12:20:30 pm

[stokes mcintyre] "“An invalid public movie atom was found in the movie.”"

did you run the system update to load the Lion codecs?
your QT codecs do not work in Lion.

I would try a reinstall of FCP then Update your computer via Software update.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

Scott Robert
on Nov 4, 2011 at 6:28:57 am

It has nothing to do with Lion. I have the same issue with Mac Pro 3.0 v10.6.8 which can't open the large files. It works with my Titanium G4 Laptop and the old quicktime doesn't have any codecs installed.
I have both quicktime installed on my Mac Pro. Not sure what the problem is.....

Return to posts index

stokes mcintyre
on Nov 4, 2011 at 1:05:07 pm

Hi -

I ended up re-installing Snow leopard on the machine and now the files work fine... not sure what's going on either but that worked for me. An apple tech team contacted me regarding the issue and asked me to send over the video file. Hopefully they are working on a resolve.

Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]