FORUMS: list search recent posts

ARRI DIT Expectations

COW Forums : ARRI

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joella Davis
ARRI DIT Expectations
on Jul 5, 2011 at 7:59:18 pm

Hey,

I have experience with the Alexa Camera from a 1st and 2nd AC position on some low budget sets.
Before it was just experience with straight data management, REC 709, and ProRes 422.

I've gotten thrown into another job where I'm involved in more of the DIT side of things.
They're requiring:
- ProRes 444
- Arri Log C
- Avid MXF Media (and accompanying ALE or BIN file) of each Alexa take
- MXF media should be encoded as 1080p/23.98 DNxHD36 8-bit format

From this angle of things, I think they're looking for a DIT more so. While that's not what I normally do, I want to be prepared.
I have Shotput Pro, FCP, an old computer (Macpro, 2 3ghz processors, 4 cores total). I have a new 15" laptop, no sxs slot, but fast (and thunderbolt if any new products have come out yet that I don't know about).

How should I go about:
- Avid MXF Media (and accompanying ALE or BIN file) of each Alexa take
- MXF media should be encoded as 1080p/23.98 DNxHD36 8-bit format

And for simple DIT requirements, what else would you recommend I have in my arsenal for this job? What can I expect to be thrown at me?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Joella

Return to posts index

Joella Davis
Re: ARRI DIT Expectations
on Jul 5, 2011 at 8:13:57 pm

PS: I have been doing circles online and in this forum and made this post because of the scattered workflow insight.

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Jul 8, 2011 at 2:46:53 pm

Joella, make a personal notebook with every Alexa workflow you can run across (even defective or incomplete but say so) then pencil smiles, frowns, and in- between smirks according to what the practicality seems to be. Just as important, when you become a D.I.T., keep your own passable stock of cables, software and more cleverly suitcased with blue gaffers tape or other stealables so that if you see wrong people in your company or not, using them, you`ll know who steals things. Considering that your job is to fill both sound and pictures you`ll be in demand and appreciated. There are millions of other details so I`ll let everyone else take a turn typing.

Return to posts index

Michael Aranyshev
on Jul 12, 2011 at 3:26:09 pm

Check here:
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/45/879529

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]