FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cineraid Edit Pro X

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Dee
Cineraid Edit Pro X
on Apr 22, 2010 at 10:59:41 am

I'm glad to see this new forum. I have been researching drives on the Cow and Reduser forums, and came up with this solution.

I'm thinking of going with Cineraid Edit Pro X 16TB rackmount raid.

It comes with an Areca minSAS card, and they claim to be able to do approximately 1200mb/sec. Unbelievably the price is $5k for this with drives! (at least until the end of this month's NAB special - after that it goes up about $1K)

Has anyone used this system, and if so what speeds are you getting? It almost sounds too good to be true - I don't even think I could assemble a system like this myself with enterprise level drives for considerably less money. I'll be sure to post back if indeed I do get the system.

I'm looking for a raid that could eventually allow me to do 4K Red post, and I had read that this level of speed was necessary to be able to do it reliably. Comments?

Return to posts index

Dave Martin
Re: Cineraid Edit Pro X
on Apr 27, 2010 at 12:28:55 pm

Did you find out more about this company/solution? They make it seem pretty good...I'd buy if I thought it was a decent product....

Dave Martin

Return to posts index

Kevin Christopher
on May 7, 2010 at 3:42:44 pm

I have one on the way. The Hardware is the same as the iStorage pro, Maxxdigital, and others, except they use an areca raid card instead of the atto. I will report back.

Kevin

Return to posts index

Dave Martin
on May 8, 2010 at 10:34:44 am

I actually just received mine...install was a snap (had to reload the areca card driver), 8 TB, raid 5, fast as Hell.

Put one tb of data on the raid and then pulled out a drive (beep beep beep)...inserted a new drive and it rebuilt in 6 hrs...all data was perfect.

So far very happy....and the price is unbelievable!!!!

Dave Martin

Return to posts index

Richard Dee
on May 8, 2010 at 4:56:40 pm

Can you post how fast the 8 drive unit is with the Kona or BM utility?

I'm hoping to be able to do 4K with a 16 rive unit.

Return to posts index

Dave Martin
on May 8, 2010 at 5:07:48 pm

In Raid 5 I got well over 600 read and well over 700 write with AJA. It did "ramp up and ramp down" at the beginning and end which I'm not sure if that's normal or not....

Dave Martin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]