FORUMS: list search recent posts

ASUS P5WD2 RAID1 setup on XP (32bit) - Please advse on issues I am having (Blue Screen)..

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bayley
ASUS P5WD2 RAID1 setup on XP (32bit) - Please advse on issues I am having (Blue Screen)..
on Apr 21, 2011 at 11:17:05 am

I am setting up a raid 1 config on my Asus P5WD2 Premium, on 2x 2TB Hitachi Deskstars. Using the ITE controller from Bios I am getting Bdos/Blue Screen. What can I do to get past this? I have also tried setting up Raid from Command Prompt following a video for Server 2003 however the command 'Add disk 2' is unsupported by XP.

Please help me get this array sorted..

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
Re: ASUS P5WD2 RAID1 setup on XP (32bit) - Please advse on issues I am having (Blue Screen)..
on Apr 23, 2011 at 2:57:39 am

I assume that you are setting up a work RAID drives set after the plain Windows XP boot hard drive is working and in place. Temporarily disconnecting the Windows drive is sometimes a way to let the bios do its detecting and set up easier. Close your server book. Zero out the data of each Hitachi drive before retrying. Bioses sometimes have funny reading where they call SATA hard drives IDE/ATAPI drives when you start setting them up for RAID, and so on. Concentrate on the procedure in your ASUS bios. You may get it after a couple of tries. You set up one drive. Then when you plug in the other drive the RAID controller starts building, mirroring the first drive invisibly (What a thing to make you nervous!) and slowly, taking maybe a day for this. You will soon have your machine in use. By the way, reading only the first and last sentences of your blue screen is usually practical but it probably says the above.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]