FORUMS: list search recent posts

3 Edit bay storage solution

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Matluk
3 Edit bay storage solution
on Apr 6, 2011 at 4:01:11 pm

Currently we have 3 editors which work off there own external and internal drives but need all the editors to have access to and be able to work off of the same drive / server. We do have an edit share server but its way to expensive to upgrade space and need a cheaper / short term solution. Something that 3 editors can work off of which holds at least 15TB if not more. Does anyone know of a good solution for this? As of now we have the same content stored on different drives for each editor due to the lack of space on our server and need a short term Solution to this! I appreciate any feedback.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: 3 Edit bay storage solution
on Apr 6, 2011 at 6:36:30 pm

Maxx Digital Final Share is the least expensive shared storage solution on the market.
I will do exactly what EditShare does (but EditShare works with AVID, and Final Share does not).

Maxx Digital arrays are expandable by daisy chaining chassis. You can start with 8 TB, and go to 16 TB, 32 TB or 48 TB - all the way up to 256 TB by daisy chaining chassis together.

A 16 TB solution with the server computer will cost about 16 grand complete, with installation.
This will run 10 MAC FCP client computers (and use the same ethernet cabling you are using for your EditShare), but let me stress to you IT WILL NOW WORK WITH AVID. If you have AVID's, your most cost effective solution is still Editshare.

http://www.maxxdigital.com

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Alex Geroulaitis
on Apr 6, 2011 at 7:40:27 pm

Kevin, based on the fact you are using EditShare tells me you are using standard GigE Ethernet - does that sound right?

What is the EditShare model you are using?

Alex (DV411)

Return to posts index

David Norden
on Feb 23, 2012 at 5:39:30 pm

Have a look at our in-developement software, it will let you do what you are looking for, with a setup such as Bob describes, for a lot less than upgrading your Editshare...

Xmcorebeta.wordpress.com

All the best

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]